Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ecuador: What I learned

 From climbing up quite a bit of mountain every day...
...I learned to value my body in terms of its strength and abilities.

From going five weeks without makeup...
...I learned to not be afraid of what I really look like.

From spending 40 hours a week with kids...
...I learned how crazy, wonderful, inspiring, creative, and loving children can be.

From making new friends...
...I learned that there are kindred spirits to be found in all corners of the Earth.

As with every journey I take out of my comfort zone, Ecuador taught me that I'm stronger than I thought, and my heart is bigger than I'd imagined. I learned that there is so much more for me to learn - about art, about language, about making the world a peaceful and happy place for all of its inhabitants. It was a life-changing five weeks, and it left me with a lot to think about.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful experience it must have been. You took gorgeous pictures...

    ReplyDelete